- Sacrament of Anointing of the Sick You are kindly encouraged to call Fr. Peter Snieg when you or someone you know and love is sick. Holy Communion is brought to our sick by appointment.
- Sacrament of Baptism Please make arrangements by calling Fr. Peter Snieg.
- Sacrament of Marriage Arrangements should be made at least six months in advance. Please call Fr. Peter Snieg to set up an initial appointment. Various PreCana classes are offered in the area. Check the website links below to see what is available.
- Click here to view the Wedding Guidelines
- Rockford Diocese Marriage Prep Offerings
- Dubuque Archdiocese Marriage Prep Offerings
- Madison Diocese Marriage Prep Offerings
- Sacrament of Holy Orders If you or someone you know is interested in the Priesthood, please contact the Diocesan Vocation Office, Fr. Keith Romke at 815-963-1009 , or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vocations Corner: Applying to Seminary
From time to time people ask: What is the process to enter the seminary? Since this question arises frequently, it might be helpful to explain it here.
1. Contacting the Vocation Director (by calling Fr. Romke at 815-399-4300 or e-mailing at KRomke@RockfordDiocese.org) in order to talk and set up an initial meeting. It is important to note that this initial step does not mean that one is signing their life away in blood!
2. The Initial Meeting: This is actually a very helpful meeting because it enables the young man the opportunity to talk with a priest who knows what it feels like to feel like he’s possibly called to be a priest! During this meeting we discuss all kinds of topics relating to priesthood and priestly ministry to see if the life would be a good fit and thus indicate that the man is being called!)
3. Second Meeting: If everything is proceeding forward well, then a second meeting is scheduled a couple weeks after the initial one. At this point the candidate receives an application to apply to the Diocese!
4. Third Meeting: Once the application is finished (along with a couple of exams), then we sit down and discuss all of the information that was provided in the application. At this point so long as everything looks good, Bishop Malloy hears all about the guy, and this is followed by a very happy Vocation Director calling the man to congratulate him and welcome him into the Diocese!
So there it is, its pretty straightforward AND EASY! So if you know someone who may be interested, please encourage them to call today! http://www.rockforddiocese.org/vocations/
- Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (R.C.I.A.) – An experience of learning and discernment for Catholics who want the Sacraments of Eucharist and/or Confirmation or who want to learn more of their faith as well as Non-Catholics or those not baptized who are thinking of joining the Church. Please call the parish office at (815) 747-3221.