October 25th – 30th week in Ordinary Time
Rockford Diocese Starts Phase 2 for Masses Beginning June 6-7
Bishop David Malloy issued a letter June 1st authorizing pastors to move to the second phase of reopening for public Mass celebrations beginning with Masses on June 6 – 7, 2020 for those parishes that have already implemented Phase 1.
Phase 2 allows 30 % of seating capacity of the parish church for those parishes that have already participated in Phase 1 of “Back in His Presence.” The following criteria of Phase 1 must continue to be observed:
- All vulnerable individuals with underlying health conditions, compromised immune systems, those 65 and older and anyone feeling sick are asked to stay home.
- We will continue to Videotape daily and a Sunday Mass so that those individuals that cannot attend may watch Masses on Television and/or Facebook at Mary Church, and make a spiritual communion. The Bishop’s dispensation is still in effect until further notice.
- All those attending Mass must adhere to the requirements of social distancing, wearing face masks, and teams will sanitize our churches after each Mass.
- The teams assisting at each Mass must have gone through the training provided by the Rockford Diocese online.
- Communion must be received in the hand, for the safety of all of the faithful, and the priests and deacons distributing Holy Communion will wear a mask and sanitize their hands just before distributing Holy Communion.
- No music books will be available. If we print liturgy sheets, they are to be thrown in the garbage, near the exit door at the end of Mass.
- The Capacity of St. Mary Church is 354 in the main body of the church and 160 in the loft for a total capacity of 514. Therefore 30% allowed shall be no more than 150 people at any given Mass. Some people may need to move up to the loft.
- The Capacity of Nativity B.V.M. Church is 384 in the main body of the church. Therefore 30% allowed shall be no more than 115 at any given Mass.
We ask you to be patient, be prayerful, be grateful to God for allowing us to gather for the sacraments, and be safe. Thank you for all of your kindness and support in these difficult times.
1 – Mass will be recorded as usual, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Friday & Sunday. Recordings will be on Facebook under Mary Church. Beginning June 15, 2020 weekday Masses will no longer be recorded as the Church services have resumed. Sunday Mass will be recorded once every weekend & will be posted to Mary Church on Facebook.
The Mass and devotions can be accessed and viewed on the Diocese of Rockford website at www.rockforddiocese.org and on the Diocese of Rockford Facebook page.
Mass Intentions for the week are as follows:
- 10/27 – Joe Trannel (5:30 PM)
- 10/29 – Leander & Gila Merfeld
- 10/31 – Earl Hasken
- 10/31 – Vern Goldhagen (Vigil)
- 11/01 – Mike Eccarius (6:30 AM)
- 11/01 – Tony Bauman(8:00 AM)
- 11/02 – Bud MacFarlane
- 10/28 – Merlin Heikamp
- 10/30 – Cletus Hilby
- 10/31 – Herman & Susan Ricke (Vigil)
- 11/01 – Mary Stangl (9:45)
Traveling and looking for a Catholic Mass? If you use the link below it will help you to locate a Mass.
St. Mary Mass Times
Nativity of the BVM Mass Times
|Weekday Masses||Weekday Masses|
|St. Mary Confession Times||Nativity of the BVM Confession Times|
PRAY TO END ABORTION
Let’s unite as the Body of Christ to fight the greatest evil of our day, abortion. To build a culture of life, we must start with prayer. Please join the worldwide “Pray to End Abortion” cause on Facebook, at www.ProLifePrayers.org. Be part of the largest prayer group in history! Who Is Planned Parenthood, Inc.?
This is for anyone and everyone to do!
Boycott Letter – Your voice can make the difference in saving a baby’s life! Please sign and mail this letter to protest companies who support PP. The latest Boycott Letter is available under the Forms Tab above.